PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
I get that sensation whenever I smoke a non lat heavy blend now. By comparison its like going to the dentist haha.

cavendish36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
My mouth feels clean and dry after I smoke an English, and I find that aromatics tend to leave a bitter aftertaste.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Can't say that I've ever experienced that sensation... In order to feel like my mouth is clean after smoking, I have to brush my teeth, rinse with Biotene, and wash my mustache. With English/Lats, I sometimes also use a neti pot to flush out the sinuses as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have the impression that a smoke now and then has an antiseptic effect. I think it has sometimes

warded off bugs I've been exposed to, like when you are seated near a person with a cough on a plane,

then go home and have a pipe. The flip side is, sometimes if you have a virus or other bug, you can

get re-infected off your pipe (and toothbrush, etc.). But I seem to notice the preventative effect more

than the vector effect. Bugs do rely on a specific ecology in the mouth, nasal cavities, throat and chest,

and it may be that a mild dose of tobacco smoke now and then ruins their fun.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I found that in the winter after smoking at my friend's place when I went out side to drive home the air smelled clean and different. I do not notice it now that I am smoking outside all the time. I mainly smoke English blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.