PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofarrell

Lurker
Apr 2, 2019
I’d always enjoyed Nightcap very much. So when it decided to be no longer available I googled for something similar. One wise prophet recommended C&D’s Mountain Camp. Actually saying MC was better. I purchased some and have never looked back. While I’m not good at separating all the flavors I hear mentioned in reviews such as hay, prairie grass, leather and humus from a dark German forest in October; I do recognize that MC (to me) tastes and smokes absolutely delicious. It’s heavenly flavor is better than more expensive tobaccos I have smoked. Another advantage is that it can be purchased in bulk. And at a reasonable cost. All tobaccos I enjoy now are put up and rated against MC. It’s tops in my humble opinion.

I had a few oz of MC back years ago, when I was exploring latakia blends. It is a very good blend. But, I found that I preferred Poplar Camp, because of the perique content. I first smoked it while working in the yard, and had to set down for a bit to keep from blowing chunks. This sealed the deal for me. The closer to throwing up or passing out a blend gets me, the more I like it. :puffy: JK... sort of.

But, I need to revisit Mountain Camp. It's always good to see if your tastes change.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
ofar', you sent me back to look at the tobacco page on this one, and Cosmic on Poplar Camp as well. I'm a big fan of C&D, and these sound interesting.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Ill have to give it a try! But I honestly have no hope that it will fill my Nightcap void... Some things cant be replaced

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I love MC. I agree, I think it is very similar to Nightcap, only better. I just received a pound of it from a very generous friend (thanks Jeff!).

Status
Not open for further replies.