PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I went to the Taco Bell, which is usually regretful, then around the marshy, mosquito laden patch of "greenbelt", then back to the house... nnnn

View attachment 44028

View attachment 44027

That's almost a 'sky penis.' You sir, are an artist!

navy-officers-viral-sky-penis.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Used to have a 78 Suzuki GS750 and an 81 GS1100

My 2nd bike was a 79 GS 550. Paid $300 and got 2 or 3 years out of it. Welded inboard boat motor mufflers on it when the stock pipes rotted away from rust. We actually pulled a link out of the cam chain once the tensioner reached its limit of travel and the damned thing still ran! cray

I have a lot of respect for the inline 4's. They are great motors. I'm passively plotting as we speak, pondering what I can sell to pick up an 85 Nighthawk being sold locally.

1601093963752.png

1601093888883.png

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Jay, I also had a 70's GS550 (my last bike actually) and it was a superb cruiser for our narrow, twisty Cornish country lanes. Had Givi panniers plus topbox and went camping two up all over on that bike. I put braided brake hose on it plus had made stainless steel brake pistons front and back, a massive improvement.

They say the GS550 was the most bomb-proof bike ever made in Japan. Gear primary drive, roller bearing crank etc, those engines were indestructible!

The GS650 shaftie was quite the opposite. Famous for failing camshaft bearings, mine failed right in the middle of the huge Orwell Bridge in Suffolk on my way to the Isle Of Man TT ?

Regards,

Jay.?

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
The Night Hawk pictured still looks good today. Always liked Honda’s styling and the quality of their protective coatings. I’d see a number of bikes that sat under a tarp, or outside in the elements, Honda’s paint & clear coatings on aluminum seemed to hold up the best.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Performed a search on the bridge, that had to be a nerve racking experience. "

Actually Bent1 it wasn't too bad, I just became aware of an unholy rattle coming from the top end, managed to pull over on the end of the bridge (no stopping allowed on the bridge) and called the AA.

Managed to have 2 helicoils fitted the next day and I was on my way again though it did dig into my holiday beer funds ?

Regards,

Jay.?

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Out camping with the steed. Other than the drunk people 10 sites over with their portable DJ system blasting- it’s a gorgeous night.

Smoking some SPC Columbia River by the firepit.

View attachment 36744
View attachment 36745
View attachment 36746
I, too, love camping with my bike. Every year I take a week off, look at the weather, and pick a direction. I rode until I don't want to anymore, the look up campgrounds on my phone. That becomes base camp for the week. Two years ago, it was south. I rode to northern Kentucky and did my search. It took me back across the Ohio border to a campground and resort. The place ended up being a nudist resort! I parked my bike, sent up camp, and stripped down. Had a fantastic trip!20190719_121454.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.