Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Kevin, thanks for the new home page feature! Saves a lot of time digging through the site.

Gives the page a little face-lift too! (Nice, dynamic website. Keep up the good work.)
Also, kudos to members Jonesing, Phil, and Chuckw for ideas like the box pass, POY, silent auction, and the invaluable Peterson information. Many other great, active members are making this the premier "pipesite" on the net. (Did I just invent the word?)

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks Larry!
It had been mentioned to me that it is sometimes hard to find some of the past articles on the site, so I put in that feature.
I'm also going to see about having "related posts" links show at the bottom of some articles too.
And yes, many of the members here are really making the site into something better and better all the time and I am extremely grateful. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the site and being so active with it.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
If you scroll to the bottom of this section each day, it changes a little and you may see an article you haven't seen before.
I may occasionally change the sort order too. Right now it is most commented on top.
I can also sort other ways and may do so later.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Lacking the experience of participating in this site for any real length of

time, I can say that one of the things that influenced me to join was the

current layout and presentation of the Feature Articles. It's all well done,

from the articles to the videos to the discussions and .... It looks good.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
A neat feature Kevin. I didn't know how to search for past articles and assumed I'd missed them. Now I have alot of reading to catch up on.
Thank you Sir.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
This entry marks my 1,000th post in the forums. I suppose that now Kevin will change my member status from "Senior" to "Geezer". (LOL)

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Another way to find previous articles is to look on the left side bar. There you will find an area called Categories. You can click on a specific category to read the articles in that category that are no longer on the main page of the site.
Those categories are for previous articles that Kevin has put up.
To read previous articles that I have written in my column, With Pipe and Pen, you will need to go directly into my column blog which is: http://pipesmagazine.com/python/
There you will find the category section for my articles on the left side bar.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think the spam filter zapped my previous response, which read something like:

Thanks Pistol, I guess that qualifies me for a free subscription to this e-zine.

Status
Not open for further replies.