PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
So I plan on getting some new ink. Will probably get a tobacco leaf or entire plant, and a LOTR theme one, but for a general pipe tattoo what shape is most iconic? I can't pick; I love them all! (except for rhodesians and anything falcon). My favorite pipe is a Peterson 303 system standard, but thats not necessarily because of the shape. What shape would ya'll recommend?

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
So I plan on getting some new ink. Will probably get a tobacco leaf or entire plant, and a LOTR theme one, but for a general pipe tattoo what shape is most iconic? I can't pick; I love them all! (except for rhodesians and anything falcon). My favorite pipe is a Peterson 303 system standard, but thats not necessarily because of the shape. What shape would ya'll recommend?
For the cost of a decent tattoo you could buy a really good custom pipe or several as well as the tobacco to smoke and you wouldn't need the tattoo because you would be smoking the pipe which would be visible.
Get a custom carved briar with your face on it as a reverse tattoo ! :ROFLMAO:

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
The classic gourd calabash would work great as a tattoo considering the flowing lines of the shape.
It is also immediately recognizable and a classic that evokes associations of days gone by.

Reactions: ofafeather