PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
This morning I woke up at 5:30 poured me a cup of black coffee and packed a bowl of Mellow Mack. I have only tried this blend once since I got it and enjoyed it, but this time it was a different experience. For the first time in a long time I was able to just sit back and not think about a care in the world. I usually smoke Chelsea Morning, but decided to break the usual routine. I'm very happy I did because the Mellow Mack in my opinion complimented the coffee I was drinking very nicely. It could have been I was in the mood for something a bit sweeter but who knows, it was wonderful to say the least. Before I knew it my pipe went out; I looked up at the clock and it was 6:30. Not a single relight, tobacco was a white ash at the bottom, and it fell right out without even a tap of the bowl into my ashtray. I can't remember a more enjoyable smoke than this for a long time. Mellow Mack is going to be a close second for my morning smoke now, or at least if I want something sweeter.
All that being said has anyone else had one of those great memorable smokes or find a good "sit back in the morning" smoke can be the most benefiting ways to start off the day?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Isn't it great when that happens surfmac?
I enjoy almost every pipe smoke I ever have, however, there are those few standout experiences that just make you think, "wow, this is what pipe smoking is all about."
I think the very early morning smoke, when it is quiet, and everyone else is sleeping, so there are no distractions, it's Saturday, so no work or regular daily stress has not reared it's ugly head yet ... you are relaxed, quiet and stress-free and the pipe is packed just right with just the right tobacco for the moment. Ahhh ... what a great feeling.
About 6 months ago I had such a great relaxing time where the pipe burned perfectly, the tobacco tasted more amazing than ever, and it was quiet, I was relaxed and reading a great book on a Sunday night. It was so perfect, that I still remember it now, 6 months later.
Yes, a pipe is a great way to start the day surfmac!
The early morning pipe and the late night pipe, when it's quiet and peaceful, can be quite enjoyable.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Yes, those peak smoking experiences are amazing. For me, it really doesn't depend

upon a specific blend or Pipe, or time of day for that matter. It's the receptive

mood that makes it more likely to happen. If I try and recreate the experience, it

just doesn't work. The best I can do is to be ready for it when it comes along. The magic is in the moment. The experience is there, and all I have to do is be ready

for it when the mood doesn't get in the way of the moment.

triprolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2009
TN
I had that happen the other day. I was driving home after a rough day at work and decided to have me as moke on the ride. One of THE BEST smokes and I don't think I done anything different. It was just smooth and tasted amazing!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Yeah I love those "perfect smokes" when they happen. But, getting back to the original topic of this post. I have never, for some reason, been a fan of the daily morning smoke. Dunno why, I just don't seem to want to smoke in the morning. I guess I think of a pipe as an exercise in relaxation and mornings usually find me in "go get 'em" mode. Weekends are a different story. Saturday mornings I usually walk down to the market to buy local produce and peruse the local crafts and such. When I get home I do usually enjoy a morning pipe. Sundays are big fat breakfast days for me and are always followed by a big fat pipe and cup of freshly ground french press coffee. Such a serene experience is the early morning pipe with coffee while reading in the garden.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
now that summer has reared it's head here in the central valley and the warden don't let me smoke inside i live for my early morning and late evening smokes. it is hard to enjoy a smoke when the sweat is running down your back and pooling in your crotch...

Status
Not open for further replies.