PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I can't say enough good about Norwood Pipe Repair. After the last work I had done, it was a no questions asked that I'm a customer for life. The speed & quality of the service is second to none.
I had an old figural briar that had a broken bone screw and missing amber stem. The pipe isn't really anything special other than the fact I figured it deserves to be used. I opted for a stronger metal screw in place of using a replacement bone screw which would probably break again down the road. Being I couldn't make up my mind for what stem to use, I chose an amber looking acrylic stem and churchwarden. The work sounds easy enough...but the air passage hole isn't perfectly center in the shank AND the top is a little more round than the bottom which means more than normal shaping had to be done for proper fits. I will also add that both stems fit perfect when screwed in snug. There were also teeth marks at the end of the shank from the last owner using it without a stem that were removed & polished.
As for the speed of the work. I mailed the pipe out First Class on the 10th, we spoke on the phone on the 12th, and got the pipe back on the 16th.
bf-8-600x339.jpg

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
That's awesome!
I'm looking to send Ken a pipe to fit a new stem for me. Might try and get it out to him sometime this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.