PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Here a couple of wonderful meerschaums I acquired of recent. The first one is an absolutely giant meerschaum 'cutty' that was sold to a very dear friend of mine by a wonderful forum member so that it could be given to me as a birthday present and big thank you to both of you. I have used a 1 oz Condor Plug to give you some idea of the pipes size and scale. It is a wonderful addition to my rotation and has hardly been smoked at all so it will certainly benefit from some general use whilst I sit on my couch at home pondering the problems of the world.
IMG_0043_zps782f65c8.jpg

IMG_0042_zps501170f8.jpg

This second fellow was found by our good friend and forum contributor 'shaintiques' on his travels. He stumbled across it in an antique shop. The first I knew about it was an email with pictures attached whilst I was in California saying is this any good to you? I have checked the threads and you can get a pipe cleaner down the stem and the case is in pretty good shape. Naturally I answered 'feck yes' and low and behold this showed with a wonderful rustic ashtray thus making my 50 year on planet earth a totally wonderful time to sit back and enjoy my extensive pipe collection. David thank you for thinking about me. Again I have put a 1 oz Condor Plug next to the pipe to give you some idea of size and scale. I have smoked this pipe pretty much non stop since recieving it and I must say it is a wonderful little smoker and an excellent substitute for my regular 'cutty' which is currently on holiday at the pipe hospital having a stem (cell) transplant as I seem to have munched my way through the last stem.
IMG_0044_zps7c38c92d.jpg

IMG_0045_zps9d9ef2b2.jpg

Later next week I will post a few more acquisitions I have picked up in my travels in the month of January all of which have been added to my rotation. Anyway enjoy guys!

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Very, very nice and a pipe you can smoke an entire plug of condor in, feckin' brilliant!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@cosmicfolklore Strangely they are all meerschaum and not clay but follow the clay pipe style. Thankfully they don't heat up like the damned clays and burn your fingers!

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
Awesome additions! I love the focus of your collection as well as the fine specimens that end up in it.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thank you. It's a 30 year labor of love. The trouble is if fall off my perch I cannot imagine there would be enough people interested in this style of pipe to absorb my collection. I did think of doing a catalogue of the evolution of the meerschaum 'cutty' and the Parisian and London pipe makers who carved them in the late 19th century. Actually before people started redeveloping London some of the original 19th century addresses still survived right up till the early 1980s.

Status
Not open for further replies.