PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
As many of you know, I am currently working with numerous carvers on an Alaska themed 7 day set of pipes. All the carvers have been more than generous and a pleasure to work with, tossing in free hand made tampers and the like (which is MUCH appreciated and super cool), but Scottie Piersel truly went overboard with her generosity. I won't rehash the pipe design, which is even more stunning now that it's in hand, but you can find that thread here

Little did I know, that Scottie had gone above and beyond. She cut a chunk off of the briar block she used to make the pipe, did her signature relief grain sandblast on it, and lasered the state of Alaska into the middle. Then attached a magnetic pipe holder to the bottom, and sent it along with the pipe as a surprise. Truly above and beyond.

For anyone wavering, Scottie has been an absolute pleasure to work with. So much so I may or may not already have two more pipes in the works with her :ROFLMAO:

c7bf324d-37b4-436e-8a60-2e6346f9e649.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
That is so cool! You need to build a glass display case with little spotlights in it and a velvet rope around it to keep @BarrelProof from fogging it up with his heavy breathing.
A velvet rope wouldn’t stop that fiend! I’ll have to surround the case with SPC Potlatch. It’s his kryptonite. I mix 50% in with samples of rare tobacco I give him so he doesn’t ask for more.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I was an early adopter. I was looking to commission a pipe from someone about 5 years ago and was reading some threads in the pipe makers forum and came across some of Scottie’s posts. She checked all the right boxes, completely focused on improving her craft. We did two commissions and Scottie was a complete joy to work with.
I own 8 of her pipes and they are all excellent smokers. At the 2019 West Coast Pipe Show I had the pleasure of meeting Scottie. I introduced myself and Scottie zipped around the table and gave me a big hug.
Of course I bought another pipe, the only one I bought at that show, and sent people to her table. We had quite the Scottie fan club going, with everyone at our table in the lounge smoking their Scottie pipes.
She goes from strength to strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.