PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I was scrolling down to the photo.. Not sure what to think of. Used to seeing his face with wig and those old military jackets. This photo make him look too relatable. Kinda like Biden looking for his mask x) Not political, it was just funny. Joe leaning into mike and saying "I'm looking for my mask." It's like that Canadian skit where grandpa says "I poop today!" x)

The Kids in the Hall was the TV show.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
High credibility in life and death situations gave him a powerful leadership presence, despite being on the losing end of various battles. He was a big target and had rare luck in not getting hit in the middle of various loses. I think it was George III himself who said if he stepped aside after his allotted two terms, he would be the greatest leader in history. He was really not like other men or other people. His ambition and self-regard were entirely in service to his better judgement. I think the updated version of his image is too soft. He had eyes that looked to many as if he was unfeeling, dangerous, though when young he was big with the women.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
He'd probably look better if he got a decent set of teeth.
He had the best of the best for the time period.

Neither that denture, nor any other owned by Washington, was made of wood, as you might have heard. Rather, they were crafted from gold leaf, lead plates, hippopotamus ivory, and the teeth of cows, horses, and, likely, Washington’s slaves, who received a relative pittance for each of the nine teeth he took from them.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
1620045025490.jpeg
There’s his teeth for ya. They hurt when he wore them, and he couldn’t talk too well with them in, either, and, they made his cheeks stick out.

The portrait of him on the dollar bill was taken from a painting which he sat for, with his teeth in. You can tell his cheeks are a little puffed up.

He had several sets. He would...”buy”...teeth from slaves and poor people. Also animal teeth and carved ivory.

Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The Washington mini series on The History Channel was really good. Reading 1776 by or John Adam’s by David McCollough even better.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I was scrolling down to the photo.. Not sure what to think of. Used to seeing his face with wig and those old military jackets. This photo make him look too relatable. Kinda like Biden looking for his mask x) Not political, it was just funny. Joe leaning into mike and saying "I'm looking for my mask." It's like that Canadian skit where grandpa says "I poop today!" x)

The Kids in the Hall was the TV show.
that show is a masterclass on how to do comedy that ages well. I can't believe how easy it is to turn kids (20 somethings) on to that show. My favorite skit is probably the drunk dad skit where Bruce plays a dad that takes his kid out to field to watch the dad get hammered drunk for the kids thirteenth birthday.

• Haha
Reactions: bullet08
Status
Not open for further replies.