PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I just can not get enough of this stuff lately... love my aeros sometimes but that Lat just calls to me in my sleep LMFAO! too bad the girlfriend absolutely hates the stuff :(
Thats when I reach for my Black Gold Plus or Honey and Chocolate :D

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Has your girlfriend had the pleasure of smelling frog Morton cellar? It has some noticeable Latika and smells much better than some Latika blends. Worth a shot!

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Not Cellar but On The Bayou. I honestly was not impressed... much rather prefer the much cheaper bulk blends from my local B&M

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have never been a fan of the Frogs. If your local is selling Altadis bulks, they have some decent latakia bulks.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Can't speak for bayou but cellar has an aromatic quality which your wife might like, if your looking for more kick then yes you'd be better off with another blend.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
You could try a lighter latakia blend, like Early Morning Pipe, which has the dark leaf but not in any large quantity. It's not even noticeable to some smokers, according to reviews. Even if you don't notice it, I believe what you're left with is an Oriental blend sans latakia, which will be more acceptable to company and offer more of a "straight tobacco" taste than any aromatic. I personally like Ashton Consumate Gentleman, which has less-than-average latakia and some other prominent flavors/aromas that can partially mask it.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
I know exactly what your talking about here, I don't smoke aromatic but I do love the Latikia. If its not heavy in Latikia my wife want touch it, she loves the smoky flavor and the nice nic punch that it delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.