PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Found several sections of G&H Ropes lurking in the cellar where they have been quietly aging for several years (yeah, I forgot they were there, lol). Some lovely crystal growth and they smell divine. To be smoked starting right now. ?

31551C04-33B9-490E-946B-E25FC4B60ADF.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can't top that length of rope, but I do discover many interesting blends digging through the stash, some I don't remember buying. It is like shopping at home, but it is all paid for. I smoke so slowly, things do remain sealed for years, with no decision on aging at all. Right now I am sampling from a jelly jar with the last of Lanes 1-Q, which has stayed too moist and has a profoundly innocuous flavor. On to something good I hope. Durbar, Potlatch, Irish Flake ... ho.

• Love
Reactions: BROBS

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I love finding forgotten tobacco in my cellar. Looks delicious.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Found several sections of G&H Ropes lurking in the cellar where they have been quietly aging for several years (yeah, I forgot they were there, lol). Some lovely crystal growth and they smell divine. To be smoked starting right now. ?

View attachment 32312
You must have good karma, the last mystery tobacco I found in my cellar was CB Cherry. Not really sure what I did.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
It was fantastic. This one has a coconut topping that is subtle but the tobacco itself was strong with a deep rich sweetness, distinctly peppery with hints of spice. Much smoother than the fresh ropes I’m used to. The rich smoothness is just sublime. I will be buying more rope tobacco to age for sure.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I’ve been cutting a path through this rope at a furious pace. It’s disappearing at a rate faster than just about any other rope I’ve ever had. Presumably due to it being so much smoother, but whatever it is I’m liking it!

Still slightly a PITA to keep lit but I’ll soldier on somehow. Enjoying a monstrous bowl right now in a vintage Kriswill Canadian I got from a fellow forum member awhile back. Life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.