PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love them MM cobs, especially when refitted with acrylic stems or bought as special editions with acrylic stems as stock. Little work horses, and a treat with premium fancy-dancer blends or good old codger leaf. I love my briar, Mountain Laurel, cocobolo, and Meer pipes, but MM cobs are comfort food.

Reactions: newportpipe

newportpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
Love them MM cobs, especially when refitted with acrylic stems or bought as special editions with acrylic stems as stock. Little work horses, and a treat with premium fancy-dancer blends or good old codger leaf. I love my briar, Mountain Laurel, cocobolo, and Meer pipes, but MM cobs are comfort food.
Great analogy to comfort food! I’ve been using my cob as my daily driver. Working through a big can of SWRA and whatever is next to it. puffy

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Whenever they get the vulcanite ones in I may give them a try. Just got a new freehand in the mail yesterday and it had an acrylic stem. :( When did they quit using vulcanite on those?
I thought all the freehand stems were all vulcanite??

newportpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
Nice cobs and stems! I agree that the forever stems are great but hard as rocks!

Can you tell me what's up with the swan matches? Are they special in some way? Vs regular matches?
Thanks. The strange thing is the stems are all the same diameter but, the red one is impossible to get into both cobs.

As for the Swan matches, they don’t use sulphur and they are “strike anywhere.” They don’t impart a nasty taste on your tobacco when you light up. I really like them.

Edit: Swan‘s were know as “The Smokers Match” originally.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Thanks. The strange thing is the stems are all the same diameter but, the red one is impossible to get into both cobs.

As for the Swan matches, they don’t use sulphur and they are “strike anywhere.” They don’t impart a nasty taste on your tobacco when you light up. I really like them.

Edit: Swan‘s were know as “The Smokers Match” originally.
nice, thanks, I might try some for funzies next time I order.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I thought all the freehand stems were all vulcanite??
I guess they've changed. Got a couple of Fifth Avenues for a friend and added an unfinished red freehand for myself. Came with a big Danish style acrylic stem.