PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

franbo

Lurker
Dec 21, 2018
My cobs reside in my truck, tackle box and jacket pocket. As I burn through them (the bottoms eventually burn through) or I break them, I throw them away. They are my favorite pipes for burley blends, mostly a summertime thing.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Coming up on my 5th yr of steady piping. Started with a MM Legend from the drug store w/o any knowledge of the online presence of a 'pipe community'.

I chain smoked that cob for at least a month, well, let's just say that everytime I smoked, I smoked that pipe, and I was burning bagged burley I'd been rolling. I inhaled too.
I still smoke that Legend regularly and no longer inhale.

This forum has been integral to my enjoyment of this most pleasant form of tobacco indulgence.
I wonder which of the Walker replacement cob stems are the most comfortable? I guess that too, is subjective.

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
I have a few and agree that they are part of the rotation and used for certain tobacco. Permanent enough for me. I also have one forever stem.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I used to smoke cobs almost exclusively, I never burned out a cob, but had one or two that I retired, because they looked super ugly; although they still smoked great.
All of the cobs I regularly smoke (which is probably around 10 of the larger bowl cobs) all now have Forever Stems, or the MM equivalent (like the Dagner Poker, and Charles Town Cobbler).
I now have a small collection of Savenilli pipes which distract from my cobs getting all of the love, but I still smoke a cob nearly daily on my way too/ from work.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I’ve long since given up the notion of cobs being cheap disposable pipes. I’ve got a bunch of them, most of them over 10 years old (including one from the late 80s and one from 1992), in part because I underestimated their longevity. I’ve got a Legend and a Country Gentleman that both looked like they were headed for burnout ... and I just can’t kill these things!

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I wanna see those old cobs opiuchus!

They're mostly still packed from the move ... but fair enough. I'll see what I can dig up. :puffy:
In the meantime, a teaser:
cob002-600x450.jpg

Though the image was captured in 2014, the 1992 Legend is on the right.
cob001-600x450.jpg

1992 on top. I put a filter in the stem to illustrate the degree of darkening/discoloration over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.