PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
Heard from Marilyn at Missouri Meerschaum that the Charles Towne is back in stock as of Tue (07/17/18). I missed the last production round in May; just placed my order for one right before posting this as I’ve been wanting one
:puffy:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Congrats! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine! It's one of my favorite smokers and I haven't had anything yet that doesn't smoke well in it. Been thinking about buying myself another one just because I love it that much.

P

pipebuddy

They're the first cobs that work for me. Must be the acrylic stem. Thanks for the tip; I wanted another one and thus placed an order. :puffpipe:

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
I love cobs and the Charles Towne cobbler is the driest smoking cob I own. Great pipe.

yuda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2017
been meaning to buy one just just from the looks alone, but hearing it's a high quality cob makes it that much more urgent that I buy one before someone else snags 'em all.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered one right away and it arrived today. The tenon looks good, so they've apparently solved their early problems with that. It seems quite well made and should be durable. The stem is definitely better than the ones they put on the most recent reverse Calabash pipes. I'm pleased with my first smoke, which was Orlik Porter House Double Mixture.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, the acrylic stem makes it a keeper, and the good big bowl on mine, the light weight and bent stem, so it feels pretty weightless. It's just a nice package. Looks great too. For those who feel MM cobs can look too down-home (and that isn't me!) this one has the air of a briar with its darker finish. I'd smoke any of my cobs in a suit and tie or tux; it's a good counterpoint, gives a guy dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.