Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Ok I kind of figured it's become something of a running gag on the forum. how did it start? I don't get it. I assume it's a vile blend that for some reason keeps being around.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Agree with cosmic. It's one of those things that you need to try yourself. But be warned! What will be done, cannot be undone! :twisted:

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I've even seen it mentioned on other forums, though I have not had any person experience with it. As far as I can tell, you've pretty much got it. Just some crappy blend that's been around for decades ghosting pipes, biting tongues, and all manor of other pipe-related atrocities.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
M79 was never any different than a hundred other crappy blends until someone, in the early years of interweb pipechat, said that it was the most vile stuff ever. The anonymous someone (who I'm sure at that point was held in very high esteem because he posted something "Haddos in a Dunny" related) could never have known that his simple post would be one of the most oft repeated bits of relative nonsense that the pipeinternet ever saw.
Just think about how many people, over the last twenty five or so years of interweb scholarship, have deemed M79 the worst thing ever without ever packing a bowl of the stuff.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I tried because I don't believe any of you liars! :nana:
And I was not just wrong, but sooooo wrong. It was bad. Smell good in the pouch, but light it up and hit with funeral flowers.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I don't mind Mixture 79 every now and then but I also enjoy Lakelands. Not for an everyday smoke mind you but a now and then blend.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Mixture 79 before processing begins...
funeral%20flowers.jpg

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Depends. If those handles are solid brass, then no. If some some kind of pot metal/composite, well, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.