PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
I read on another post where someone blends NC with MM965. Anyone else doing this? These are 2 of my favorites so it is very appealing to me. I'm sure a few will say "just try it and see what you think of it", but I'll ask anyway. What's it like?

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Haven't tried it but I assume the Cavendish in the 965 would have a mellowing effect on the Nightcap - as far as I can recall, 965 has a nuttier character than the full-on leather of NC. Give it a go!

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Funny you post this - I've thought about adding a pinch of unflavored cavendish to Nightcap to add a bit of the sweetness that I love about 965, but it hadn't occurred to me to just mix in a little 965. Sounds like a delicious plan...

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
Grouchydog, I'm going to mix it 50/50 this weekend or next. I'll report results.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Cool, think I'll do the same.
Funny, when I first started smoking a couple of years ago I was into cigars and I found them really interesting. But I've discovered that pipe smoking is MUCH more diverse and fascinating, as well as a whole lot more economical after you acquire a few pipes. That's a win-win! :)

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Yeah, funny you should mention this. One of the jars in my big haul is 965 and Nightcap mixed. It's delicious, but I don't know what the ratio of baccys is, so can't help you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.