PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what type of Missouri Meerschaum this is? The local drug store sells it for $5.50 and I was trying to see if it was a good deal.
51UZSPdpciL_SS500_.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Never seen a "real" Missouri Meerschaum pipe in a blister pack.

It may be a patent or copyright infringement.

You can tell by looking at it - that it and the "trade mark" it isn't a "real" MM Corncob pipe.

It's all wrong.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Order them at their website http://corncobpipe.com/ if you really want one. They have tons of different styles and lot of cheap ones. I ordered three of their pipes and got them within three days!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I second what bubba has posted. They are very good to deal with and have very good customer service. Plus, like bubba says they have a good selection of pipes that are at really bargain prices.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I think I am just going to call MM and ask them if they make that. Seems like it would be a simple solution. I will let you guys know what I find out.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I contacted MM and they confirmed that they do make this pipe. They said that as long as it says MM on it and has the sticker on the bottom of the pipe that has their logo then it is real. Here is the email:
William, yes! We did make that particular pipe. While there are pipes coming in from China, if the label on the bottom of the pipe says "Missouri Meerschaum Co." it is ours. There are a number of other labels on the imposters.
Thanks again!

Marilyn

Missouri Meerschaum Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.