PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
On the Cobbit Shire (and other acorn-bottom MM bowls) the sticker is on the bottom side of the shank, and the hardwood plug is clearly visible forming the bottom-most portion of the bowl.

OakIris

Lurker
Jan 31, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule ) - Bob

Very sorry....TBH, I had not read the "Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar" section of the rules, having the hubris to believe that that section didn't apply to me. After all, my use of the English language is perfect! :oops:

OakIris

Lurker
Jan 31, 2020
I meant to include this in my Saturday post as it cleared up the confusion for me; thank you as well, BROBS. The incorrect information I had read, even though it was all posted well after the 80's, was out of date.

well that's just not true.

with pipes from the 80s and before it's true.. but all new MM cobs have a sticker.

Reactions: BROBS

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Very sorry....TBH, I had not read the "Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar" section of the rules, having the hubris to believe that that section didn't apply to me. After all, my use of the English language is perfect! :oops:
I joke that they change your status from new member to what ever is next on this forum when you make two or three posts that the original Bob the O.B. doesn't have to add that note too. Or in other words, no one ever notices that rule until they've been here a while.

Reactions: OakIris

OakIris

Lurker
Jan 31, 2020
worried? Use pipe mud on the bottom.
I have read that some people use pipe mud in their corn cob pipes as a preventative measure against bowl burn out and I may find that I should have done so, too, but for now I will trust in the hardwood plugs and my ability to treat the pipes with some respect, lol. Guess I will find out!

Last edited:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I have read that some people use pipe mud in their corn cob pipes as a preventative measure against bowl burn out and I may find that I should have done so, too, but for now I will trust in the hardwood plugs and my ability to treat the pipes with some respect, lol. Guess I will find out!
You can mix mud at any time. But your hardwood should be good.

Reactions: OakIris
Status
Not open for further replies.