PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
I'll be placing an order and want to try this one. I'm typically don't like Perique all that much, but the reviews have convinced me to give it a try.
Question - is there a difference between the tobaccos in the tin or bulk? Or are they the exact same?

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I have heard that the tins are ready to be popped open and smoked, although you might want to let it air-dry for a few minutes first. And that the bulk products are 'designed' to be cellared for a bit. The bulk can be smoked, naturally, but that that are not as aged as the tins.
Just the information that I have gathered.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I buy the bulk and love the stuff. I can't imagine the flavor being that different. The bulk does need rubbing out and drying as do a few other blends. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
Think I'll go with bulk as there seems to be little to no difference. Certainly cocarde less. Thanks!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Slightly? off topic, but similar in intention, You are comparing tinned to bulk of a particular blend.

How about comparing MATCH tobacco blends to their model? Nightcap, for instance? You save about $8.00 an lb if you think the MATCH blend is close enough. Is it?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
How about comparing MATCH tobacco blends to their model?
I've got 8oz. of Sugar Barrel match on its way - I'll be doing a taste-test once it arrives... Not that it will help that much, as Sugar Barrel is no longer available, but at least I'll know whether to stash a couple of jars for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.