PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Sorry to hear of the loss of your father. As a child "Dad" is our first real Hero and when we become grown ups "Dad" becomes one of our best friends. Through the years you create memories together, and you'll always be able to carry those memories with you. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
029_zps8c2a6231.gif

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that bud. I can say from experience, lost my dad from lung cancer a few years back, that it will get easier. Always think about the good times though and try to keep the bad out. Always feel free to PM me if you need to chat with someone that went through a similar experience.
Keep your chin up and I'm smoking a bowl for both of you now.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Masspiper, so sorry for your loss.
Glad to see that the pipe is, once again, of some comfort and that

you're back here with your "extended family". :wink:

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Sorry for your loss, thoughts are with you and your family. Almost two years ago my mother too passed of breast cancer that had spread to her lungs and liver, not a day goes by that I don't think of her and my dad who passed in 2000. They will always be with you., and it's little things that bring back the memories.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Sorry for your loss Don. My heart aches for you. My wife's dad passed away about three weeks ago of heart and kidney failure. It is such a painful thing to watch, feeling helpless. Please know our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Was wondering about your absence these several weeks. Take care brother.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
My deepest and most sincere condolences to you and your family in this time of grief. Just know that there are strong arms around you both with your family and here on the forum brotherhood. There are no words that will ease the pain, but time heals all. My grandfather passed away 3 years ago from dementia and alzheimers and it was a terrible experience for him and all of us. He went from healthy to not remembering any of us and not able to take care of himself to passing within six months. As a WWII veteran and 3 time purple heart recipient and POW, he did not deserve such an unfortunate and painful end. Life isn't fair though, and does not discriminate. I was fortunate and blessed to be able to say goodbye at the end and got to kiss him on the forehead and tell him i loved him one last time on his last day on this earth. It helped a lot with the grieving process, especially since i was living temporarily in his house until my family was able to sell it. Definitely a tough experience, but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. You and your family are in my thoughts and let me know if you ever need anything, brother. Welcome back and look forward to your posts once again.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Holy Mary, Masspiper. I am so sorry I missed this earlier post.
Many of us here have lost a parent and, God bless them, a few have lost children. Mass, you were there for your dad as his life ended and that goes a long way where I come from.
You and yours will be remembered in my prayers.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.