PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
It has been about 2 months since I have been active here. My dad was diagnosed with advanced liver cancer and only given about 6 months to live. My dad choose to go the home hospice route to die with dignity(I can't blame him). My girlfriend(bless her heart)and I moved into the basement so we could help my mom who is also in bad health. It was the toughest thing I have ever had to watch. My dad went from a strong man to a helpless child in 2 months. He passed away on the 29th and is in a much better place. Yesterday I picked up my Baki Silver Pot for the first time in 2 months and filled it with SPC Mississippi River. I puffed away and remembered all the wonderful memories. I look forward to getting on with life and becoming active in the brotherhood again. Love you dad and miss you and with each and every bowl I smoke I will cherish our times together. :puffy:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Do not know what to tell you, it will pass is so trite, treasure the memories, we have all gone there, it's a journey with dips and valleys, I hope yours is a good one. Very sorry for your loss.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I recently (last month) saw a good friend off in similar fashion. He had liver cancer that metastasized, and was gone within a matter of weeks. Toward the end he seemed fearful and confused and was moved from his home in FL by his son during his last week on earth to NJ. I stopped by the day before he left town and it still makes me sad to think about that part of his life. He was 83 and was active playing softball for the last 20 yrs.

The damned cancer is waiting for us at the end.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Condolences to you, brother. I went through the same with my Mother a few years ago. You just gotta remember all the good times and carry on, life throws us so many twists and turns. Welcome back to the forums!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
My condolences as well. It takes a good long while but gradually the fond memories of your dad will slowly begin to replace the sorrow for him you feel now. It's times like these that I always think on the Native American wheel of life and it's life rhythm that I believe in. Good luck to you and your family.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Sorry to hear about you father. Sooner or later, we all go through some kind of sad situation, and like so many, I speak from experience when I say it's no pleasant thing. Hope you'll remember the good times, and be able to move on soon.

Mar 1, 2014
Be glad for the time you have with loved ones.

Both of my grandparents who have passed now had pretty severe dementia, one of them had Alzheimer's for nearly a decade.

Dec 24, 2012
Healing moves at its own pace. Be kind to yourself and take it one day at a time. I know your heart is aching and I am truly sorry for your loss.
Glad to have you back.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Very sorry to hear. My dad also is fighting cancer and has been given 3 mos. My brother-in-law just went through a similar thing as your dad and it is very hard to watch. He is in a much better place like you say.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Truly sorry to hear of your loss. Many of us have been there and have an idea of the pain you're going through. Remember the good times. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.