PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Yeah I miss him and his obsession with the royal yacht. This song is great, I can't believe he got the cookie monster out of retirement for the vocals!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Well ... I don't know that I remember exactly why the guy was kicked out, but I do remember him fondly. He was opinionated sure, and yes he did like his Royal Yacht, but did't leave the impression of a bad guy in my mind.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Heavy metal, the music genre, came to the fore just as I was finally settling down in life, got married, bought a house, so it was strictly background caught on the fly. The way generations do, I was "stuck" with Beatles and The Rolling Stones, but that wasn't too terrible. As for the Forums member, I think a lot of the members ejected are badly sadly influenced by online culture in general. On so many sites, being unpleasant or worse is what it is all about. I miss Roth of ancient days -- insightful, informed, nuanced, sharp -- but feisty. I think it was just his personality. He was formed long before the net.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
He's a white nationalist and the inspiration for the murderer Anders Behring Breivik, whom he mentions specifically in his manifesto. This article in the Southern Poverty Law Center website is about him (below).

Personally I'm glad he's not around as I don't abide the "freedom of speech" excuse for allowing him a platform to poison people's minds and advocate violence against people of color.

American Blogger Praises Oslo Shooter - https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2011/07/26/american-blogger-praises-oslo-shooter

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
He's a white nationalist and the inspiration for the murderer Anders Behring Breivik, whom he mentions specifically in his manifesto. This article in the Southern Poverty Law Center website is about him (below).

Personally I'm glad he's not around as I don't abide the "freedom of speech" excuse for allowing him a platform to poison people's minds and advocate violence against people of color.

American Blogger Praises Oslo Shooter - https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2011/07/26/american-blogger-praises-oslo-shooter
Well, since Stevens isn’t here to defend himself, I’ll take a swipe. Nothing in that article was any worse than the Tripe coming from Mr.Steven’s fellow Leftist in the form of the Fascist Anti Fascist and the likes of Cult Master Soros and his puppets.

I got on well with DeathMetal, but I left our political differences at the virtual door. Freedom of Speech has a double blade, you can say things that are hurtful, you can spout over the top rhetoric but every individual has the same freedom to judge your character, and then act as one deems appropriate. I believe the owner of Pipesmagazine grew tired of the “Bone Pipe” type post. And used his freedom of speech to ask Brett to kindly leave the building.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I'd only known him from his tobacco posts, but that's some repulsive shit.
Yeah, that about sums it up. Threads I remember were all fairly tobacco related, but if I was responsible for running any form of public/social forum and came across someone spreading (or even sprinkling) anything as hateful as that I would be asking them to leave too.

Isaac.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well, since Stevens isn’t here to defend himself, I’ll take a swipe. Nothing in that article was any worse than the Tripe coming from Mr.Steven’s fellow Leftist in the form of the Fascist Anti Fascist and the likes of Cult Master Soros and his puppets.
What have you been smoking? What has any of this got to do with any of them?

That's interesting about the "white nationalist" baloney. When I took my leave of this place because of the self proclaimed Neo Nazi here, DM PM'ed me a few times to try to talk me out of going. Free speech was the general excuse. I wasn't buying it. I came back after the Nazi was banned, though not for beng a Nazi nor for posting links to Holocaust denial sites, but be cause he was rude to a member here.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Again, I don't abide the "Nazi next door" garbage. People are dead, in part because of Steven's misuse of his freedom of speech. I don't believe in extending civility to monsters, and he is just that: a monster.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
What have you been smoking? What has any of this got to do with any of them?

That's interesting about the "white nationalist" baloney. When I took my leave of this place because of the self proclaimed Neo Nazi here, DM PM'ed me a few times to try to talk me out of going. Free speech was the general excuse. I wasn't buying it. I came back after the Nazi was banned, though not for beng a Nazi nor for posting links to Holocaust denial sites, but be cause he was rude to a member here.
we don’t have Free Speech here. You know that Sable. I never remember DM spouting his flavor of speech here, but I may be wrong. I Recall something about his weird off the wall post being the reason.

Reactions: sablebrush52
Status
Not open for further replies.