PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thank you very much. The problem is I live in Armenia and maybe I'll try to send the pipe by post office to somewhere where there is a good pipe maker.
You may be able to smoke it just fine as is.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Eduard

Lurker
Feb 22, 2022
Yerevan, Armenia
You may be able to smoke it just fine as is.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Just added. Thank you for saving my time in the future :D

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Re: Draft hole
I would not try to re-drill it.
So easy to get things wrong. Then you will end up with a buggered pipe.
So much easier to to make sure you DRY, DRY and DRY your tobacco before packing the bowl.
And if it still gurgles, use a pipe cleaner.

Re: Stem
Oxyclean and sandpaper can remove too much material.
Unfortunately it has happened to me when I first started “tidying up” pipes,
There are lots of hints on YouTube and on these Forums so I won’t repeat advice that is readily available.

Good luck with the project,

Eduard

Lurker
Feb 22, 2022
Yerevan, Armenia
Re: Draft hole
I would not try to re-drill it.
So easy to get things wrong. Then you will end up with a buggered pipe.
So much easier to to make sure you DRY, DRY and DRY your tobacco before packing the bowl.
And if it still gurgles, use a pipe cleaner.

Re: Stem
Oxyclean and sandpaper can remove too much material.
Unfortunately it has happened to me when I first started “tidying up” pipes,
There are lots of hints on YouTube and on these Forums so I won’t repeat advice that is readily available.

Good luck with the project,
Thank you. I will dry more my tobacco today and try it so I can be sure that there is no need for drilling.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Pipes do not gurgle, but some smokers cause them to.
If you don't want the pipe to gurgle, then set yourself a target of smoking without gurgling.
Teach yourself, and don't listen to any advice,
May not take you all that long.
Good luck.
yeah except with a pipe like that. If the mortise (draft) hole and the stem hole look like a ven diagram then it will gurgle.