PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
The next one will be called "Dagon Dark" (no r) after another Lovecraft story. This one will be darker, sweeter, smokier and a bit more vitamin N than it's cousin Miskatonic.
This sounds very interesting. Can't wait to try it.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Somehow I wound up with a small bag of this blend, thrown in as part of a trade.
It's been sitting in my tobacco cabinet for a good 9 months or so. I was rummaging around looking for something to smoke this evening and there it was. Hmmm. What the hell is this? Never heard of it. So I googled it. And up came this thread.
Sitting on my sofa and smoking some of this now. Not sure what I think. Interesting. If there's Latakia in here, some age in a zip lock bag has caused it to throw in the towel and admit defeat. I get a firm sense of muted (or aged?) vanilla Cavendish. Not overly sweet of cloying. I'm tasting orientals and some bitey Virginias. Maybe a touch of Perique. There's something in here biting my tongue. Not sure what it is.
Regardless, an interesting find stuffed into a recess is the tobacco cabinet and funny that I should find this thread. Do I possess the last of this blend??

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Sounds like your sample spent too much time in a Ziploc bag, but you got the components spot on. There's only about 1% Latakia, so it's very mild and smooth with just a hint of the smoke to remind you once in awhile. Coming from a Blackblood, most people are surprised at how mild it is, but I made it to be something pleasant to smoke while reading or studying that was all natural yet still sweet with a nice room note. My upcoming blend, Dagon Dark will be the opposite of that. LOL. I've also got a VAPer in my brain called Randolph Carter Blend.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
OK so does anyone know if C&D's Miskatonic Mixure has anything to do with Clint aka Baronsamedi's blend?
Just curious as I remember this thread and just saw it listed on smokingpipes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.