PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
DSC_0020_zpslqytv6xe.jpg

There it is, the new place I'll be sitting to enjoy my pipes. Cold as hell, but at least I'm with Shannen now! As the title of the thread suggests, my move to MN went off smoothly. Sat down Thursday night and had my first pipeful in the new place. Chilly, but still satisfying. As you can see, the landlord left out her Halloween decoration, so I even have a smoking buddy!
DSC_0026_zpsst87p6cr.jpg

DSC_0027_zpsiirwwinz.jpg

Pipe tobacco takes up most of the room in my little closet. The nightstand, filing cabinet, and that stack of boxes are all filled with chopped up leafy bits.
DSC_0028_zpsfizbiydn.jpg

My collection of cobs sits on a metal box for now. I've got the Briars packed away for the moment, I really need to get a pipe rack for them!
So here's the deal: I'm bloody frozen and I don't know many people out here. If anyone near the Dinkytown area of Minneapolis has a warm place to meet up for a smoke, I'll bring a nice big bottle of beer and my special home blend. (Cattlebomb, extremely Perique heavy.) Get in touch!

sack

Lurker
Nov 28, 2016
I live about 2 hours west of you, near St. Cloud.

We don't have any places to light up here. Just hookah crap.

Just the thought gives me a headache.

Don't know any places, even near you to light up?

Where are you originally from? Nice cobs. All I use.

I smoke aromatics and burley/virginias.

Right now I'm in love with Scottys Bass Pond!

Hope the transition is going ok.

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
There's one tobacconist that I know sells pipes and cigars, so you can enjoy both in there, but it is a bit of a hike since we don't have a car. I guess there are a handful of other locations dotting the twin cities, but I've not been to them.
Came here from CT.
I love strong, bold, spicy tobacco. Lots of Perique, dark Virginias, that sort of thing. Ever tried Two Timer? That's an excellent Burley!

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
Let me know if you're every visiting the Emily, MN area. We can share a bowl on the porch.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I hate moving. Always happy when it is over. Still have boxes to unpack from latest of 3 moves in 18 months. Hope this works out well for you and in a few months that porch will be a sweet place to light up.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Congrats! Smoking on a porch swing in Winter is still better than a kick in the teeth. Now get your smoking buddy a little elf hat and you are good to go. :)

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Congrats on the move! The weather will probably not be all that different from your old place, so you'll still have to come up with a reasonable space to enjoy a smoke part of the year. With your welding talent, you could probably make a car too... :mrgreen:

Keep us posted on your progress.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Moving is some heavy labor, even if you have movers. I'm glad you're moved in, and congratulations! Now your smoking buddy definitely needs a pipe.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Congratulations on a successful move, life is always better when your with your lady. I hate moving, when we were in our early twenties, my wife and I moved four times in six years.....SUCK! We moved into our current home eleven years ago and I don't miss U-haul one bit!

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
That vintage screen door and Operation ID sticker bring me back in time. I don't miss inner city MPLS (no parking and half lane city streets for 4 months a year) in the winter but I can recommend getting in touch with my friends at the Great Northern Pipe Club. I'd call Dan Larsen @(651)779-3764 Email:briar1083@gmail.com Odd Merchant Tobacconist to see where the next meeting will be. 8O

https://www.facebook.com/GreatNorthernPipeClub/?fref=ts

http://greatnorthernpipeclub.org/

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I use to read a blog about a guy that road a scooter year round in the twin cities.

He stopped the blog several years ago, he talked about ice a lot.
You will be fine once you get the lay of the joint.
Might put up a couple sheets of plastic to block the wind and that swing will be great.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Welcome to the land of 10,000 lakes.....I'm down by the Iowa border. If you were cold last week you probably shouldn't look at the forecast for this week. It was 7 below when I got up this morning with no wind, nice crunchy snow outside.

backwoodsjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2015
Central Minnesota
Congratulations,
I'm about 45 miles north of the twin cities. You got here just in time for the cold front.
This year has been unseasonably warm for fall. It just dropped to normal temps this week.

The bright side is, soon you will be able to smoke a bowl, while sitting in a tiny shack, on a frozen lake, fishing for your dinner. This is a wonderful endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.