PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I read the thread. Thank you for taking the time to standing up for another forum member. Let's smoke to that friend! -Jamie
The backstory here: Another member has been on a 4 week hiatus due to some of the things he posted. Kola is accusing you of being that member, posting with another username, because he believes your posting style is similar. I tend to disagree, believing that if said member is back, he certainly isn't you, Jamie (BTW, welcome to the forums!).

The binge posting thread got locked because a moderator responded to it, and felt his response was sufficient.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Also, I love what you did with that cob! My one complaint about cobs is weight and balance. If they all have flat bottoms why can’t they sit!? Problem solved!

Reactions: J.GANDY

J.GANDY

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
The backstory here: Another member has been on a 4 week hiatus due to some of the things he posted. Kola is accusing you of being that member, posting with another username, because he believes your posting style is similar. I tend to disagree, believing that if said member is back, he certainly isn't you, Jamie (BTW, welcome to the forums!).

The binge posting thread got locked because a moderator responded to it, and felt his response was sufficient.
While I can understand that, still not acceptable to conduct oneself in that manner. Thank you for sharing this info. Most folks here are gentlemen and good natured.

montypiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
Smyrna, Ga
Man that is a cool looking pipe! Was that a natural cob that you stained? It looks smoother than a factory job.

yes, natural General Cobfoolery kit. was not drilled.
Finished by filling with plaster, sanding smooth then stained (dyed) black.. the white plaster still shows through a bit. then a couple coats of clear shellac.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and J.GANDY

J.GANDY

Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
yes, natural General Cobfoolery kit. was not drilled.
Finished by filling with plaster, sanding smooth then stained (dyed) black.. the white plaster still shows through a bit. then a couple coats of clear shellac.
Great craftsmanship, it looks like it was ment to be, not hodgepodge together like some I've seen. Not an easy project I'm sure!

montypiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
Smyrna, Ga
Great craftsmanship, it looks like it was ment to be, not hodgepodge together like some I've seen. Not an easy project I'm sure!

thanks. was a lot of fun, and it's actually a great smoker. and a great clencher.
Not too difficult.. just time spent carefully cutting and fitting the pieces together before glueing it all up. you're right.. the cob is pretty dense, rigid material.

Reactions: J.GANDY

J.GANDY

Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
thanks. was a lot of fun, and it's actually a great smoker. and a great clencher.
Not too difficult.. just time spent carefully cutting and fitting the pieces together before glueing it all up. you're right.. the cob is pretty dense, rigid material.
Mine is not quite as well designed as yours, but did a lot of dry fitting to get it to sit the way I had in my mind. I am no pipe maker for sure, but I have a much better idea of the geometry involved. ?

Reactions: montypiper