Mike Tyson To Enter The Ring Again.....Aged 54!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Won't pay to see two old men Duke it out. I can go to the biker bar to see the same for free. And I was a sucker to pay for the privilege of seeing a deranged Tyson bite Holyfield's ear. Never again with Tyson. I guarantee you will not get your money's worth.

Reactions: BROBS

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wow I am not going to watch it. I can't help but think about what they're doing to their heads by letting them get punched professionally. And no I don't think people should not be allowed to fight professionally but I just can't get into it knowing what they're doing to themselves. And that's one of the big issues here is their age and how unprecedented the effects are. So in other words enjoy the willful and consensual mutual abuse.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
If I wanted to see elder abuse I'd rewatch Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

And if I wanted to see an old guy who was still an awesome boxer I’d rewatch When We Were Kings.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
12 ounce gloves...I can’t see it going long with Tyson in the video with the signed contract and he was smoking a joint.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS
Jun 9, 2018
England
My favourite fight of Mike's was when he destroyed Trevor Berbick in 2 rounds to become the youngest heavyweight champ. When Tyson finishes him off Berbick's legs are like a baby giraffe's, he's literally all over the place.
I'm guessing everyone has seen it but I've put a link below anyway.

I watch Mike's interview show he does on YouTube, Hotboxin' With Mike Tyson. He's had some great guests on there including Eminem, Sugar Ray Leonard and Tyson Fury. It's a really good watch and Mike comes across as really likeable.
I'll watch the highlights of his fight with Roy Jones on YouTube but honestly I wish he wasn't doing this. Better to remember him in his ferocious prime.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
There are select boxers that can fight at some type of competitive level at a later age....these guys aren't those guys. It's supposed to be an exhibition style deal.....but man, someone with a care for RJJ should tell him to stop getting hit. He was perhaps the most phenomenally athletically gifted boxer I've ever seen....a HOF'r without ever having standard, fundamental boxing skills. But when the speed went, he's been a punching bag for a decade. Some brutal beatings in far flung corners of the world.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Speaking of Evander H., can you imagine what you'd have to do to blow through 300 million dollars in a handful of years?

Seems to me that would take a fair amount of deliberate effort. 300 million has enormous inertia. Invested at one percent and simply left alone, nothing else, it would generate $8,200 a day, 365 days a year.

Allowing for inflation since the mid/late 90's, that would be about $10K/day.

Then to eliminate the capital??? The math is insane. Buy a new Bentley every hour? Burn bales of hundreds in your fireplace to impress your friends?

But yup, all gone. Poof.

Just damn...

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Speaking of Evander H., can you imagine what you'd have to do to blow through 300 million dollars in a handful of years?

Seems to me that would take a fair amount of deliberate effort. 300 million has enormous inertia. Invested at one percent and simply left alone, nothing else, it would generate $8,200 a day, 365 days a year.

Allowing for inflation since the mid/late 90's, that would be about $10K/day.

Then to eliminate the capital??? The math is insane. Buy a new Bentley every hour? Burn bales of hundreds in your fireplace to impress your friends?

But yup, all gone. Poof.

Just damn...

I believe he bought some crazy $100MM+ mega-mansion and had a dozen kids by different women. Also didn't pay taxes and the IRS came for a chunk. I bet those were some fun years before the broke though!

Status
Not open for further replies.