Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just saw this video of Mike beating on a passenger before the flight took off.
Imagine being so dumb that you purposely annoy the baddest man on the planet. This guy was a definite Darwin Award winner and the saying "play stupid games win stupid prizes" comes to mind. The dude is lucky it wasn't 1986 Iron Mike cause he'd probably be in a coma.
Bet he sues him for a ton of money now.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Tyson is getting old. The guy has most of his teeth and both ears still.
Yeah, Mike in his prime could have really done some damage to this dude. He was a lot angrier then and much more ferocious.
Mike shouldn't have punched him but the guy seemed to be acting like a total asshole so I've got not sympathy for him. I wonder what sort of payout he'll get?? I'm sure his lawyer will be claiming all sorts of ailments by the time it comes to court. Everything from loss of memory to panic attacks, anxiety and PTSD?.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Yeah, Mike in his prime could have really done some damage to this dude. He was a lot angrier then and much more ferocious.
Mike shouldn't have punched him but the guy seemed to be acting like a total asshole so I've got not sympathy for him. I wonder what sort of payout he'll get?? I'm sure his lawyer will be claiming all sorts of ailments by the time it comes to court. Everything from loss of memory to panic attacks, anxiety and PTSD?.
The dude should have been kicked off the plane before things got this far. His behaviour is way out of line. Tyson is well justified in lashing out and as a paying passenger he should have been shielded from this.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
If you know anything about Tyson, you know he is unstable. Leave him alone after you get your selfie with him.

Reactions: Egg Shen

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Met him once, in a travel plaza food line. I said "Champ, you look like a million bucks" - he grinned a mile wide and said thanks. My one blush with celebrity.

In the early 80's, at a PA restaurant, a kid was working for me who qualified as a heavy-weight alternate for the Olympics. He was at a bout and MIke Tyson was just about to turn pro. He was supposed to do a three round exhibition, but his heavyweight competitor was sick. They asked for volunteers. My kid volunteered. He said those three, one minute rounds with Tyson were the most scared he had ever been, he was just ferocious, in an exhibition that had no meaning.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
so that is what they mean by pulling your punches. Guy could have gotten much more wrecked. Doubt it would go well in court for the dude. Oh if there is someone that really has to worry about liability it would be the airline for letting a drunken idiot annoy another passenger and get themselves hurt, probably should have told guy he's too wasted to get on the plane in the first place.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I’ve met Mike twice. Both times was fortunate enough to engage in conversation.

When we shook hands it was interesting how soft his hand shake was. He saw the odd look on my face and asked if I wanted a “manly” handshake. I said sure.
The next time I saw him I preferred the soft handshake.

He’s smarter than people think. He prefers pigeons to people.

The aggressor is lucky Mike is older now.