PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Has anyone tried the Middle Earth Sampler at JFH? Someone had mentioned it to me on Saturday night that the Shortcut to Mushrooms was pretty good. Is it more of just a novelty sampler? Or is it worth the $10.00 to try one?

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Get two ounces of each it's very good tobaco. The only one I don't care for is long botten leaf. Short cut was probably my favorite. The sampler is on the small side and it's better money wise if you just get 2 ounces of each to try

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Agree with gunnar. Everyone who orders the sampler is disappointed at the small sizes. Shortcut is rated awesome by all; it is also one of my two favorite baccys. It tastes like you're smoking cream. Don't forget to order some Halfling's Leaf from our very own pipeinhand. baron's review is here: Halfling's Leaf review

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Honestly I think I'll just order a sampler to start with. I'd hate to order two ounces of each to try, and find out I don't like some of them. I could use the money better towards my regular smokes. And if I do like the sampler, then I can go back and order bulk of what I like.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Sample size is small, with shipping it is not really worth it. I would get an ounce each, keep in mind each ounce holds 10-11 medium bowels of tobacco. You get for the $16 it costs to buy an ounce each, 400 times more tobacco instead of getting a quarter as much for $10. With shipping ontop of that, it seems like an ounce each just makes way more sense. Your bound to enjoy something, they are very very good.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Just purchased the sampler plus some 1Q (make the shipping somewhat worth the while). Would rather figure out which ones I like the best (and are unique) before buying larger quantities.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Skip the sampler, I'll save you some time: only buy Ruins of Isengard and Shortcut to Mushrooms. The rest of the sampler are just ok or forgettable.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I would agree with Eric and mrgunnar177. When I first started smoking, I would rush to judgement on a tobacco with only one or two bowls. As I've gathered experience and developed my palatte, I think it can take several bowls to truly find the nuances of each tobacco and to make a truly informed decision.
Having said that, there have been tobaccos that I have only smoked a half bowl to KNOW I didn't want any more of that blend!
Either way, I hope you enjoy the Middle Earth Sampler. I picked up the same sampler when I visited their B&M. I quickly realized the quantity was way too small and wished I had gotten more. Since then, I've bought a pound of each.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.