PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
For you folks looking for micromesh sheets, this place sells individual 6" x 3" pieces without the bothersome foam backing. Plus, you can buy individual sheets, unlike a lot of vendors that only sell the kits. I find myself only using the 4000,6000,8000 and 12000 grit sheets. Shipping/handling rates are reasonable as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockler-Micro-Mesh-12-000/dp/B001F7LVNC/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1324596394&sr=8-12

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Oho, thanks for that Al.

Is the sheet material similar to what is used with the pads? Can it be washed after use as I do the pads I have?
The points you note regarding the sales of individual sheets, size and pricing are all right on!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, I haven't tried the non-padded sheets yet, only received them yesterday. But they are cloth and look more durable. I reuse wet sandpaper over and over, these sheets look far more sturdy. After a few times using the foam backed pads, the material started coming off the pad. I reglued and reused, but that was a hassle. Plus the pads won't allow you to get into the creases on the stems. No pipes to work on at the moment, but something will pop up I'm sure.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
the pads won't allow you to get into the creases on the stems.
I manage but it is a PITA to do so.

Hmm, occurs to me now to take a razor blade and cut through the middle of the pad, separate the 2 sheets of abrasive. Might just do in a pinch until I get the chance to pick up some of the regular sheets.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
Dads got a rockler mag at his house, I will have to liberate it from him a Christmas. Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.