PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I was reading Nate's post about his meteorite impregnated space dog, and was reminded about this pipe which Michael made a few years back. The Trouter pipes are made to be able to be worn on a leather chord around the neck, so if the fisherman hooks into a big one he can drop the pipe without losing it. They also come with wind caps which are held in place by magnets. Perhaps my favourite piece are the vintage flies which are cast into the shank adornment and matching tamper. Regardless, Mike's work is certainly fun to see.
Les, how many of these pipes do you own?
Happy looking, Pat
PS - This isn't my pipe. Photo credits to Michael.

roderick

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Gorgeous, like all of his work. Every time someone posts pics of one of his pipes I realize there's a pipe-shaped hole in my life. I am going to start a Parks jar for my spare change so I can eventually fill it.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah that's beautiful. Having attended Montana State there's a special place in my heart for fly fishing... and a river runs through it ;)
My first parks arrives before years end and I can't wait! Space Dog is a L O N G way off but still stoked! His work is so world class.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I saw that pipe on Michael's site and was taken by how beautiful it is. I'm not a fly fisherman but I absolutely love that pipe. :puffy:

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
My last effort at fishing flies resembled an episode of Curly and Larry without Moe but, in my eyes, that is a great looking pipe/tamp.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lol Al I had the same thought. That lanyard would have to be made of stainless steel held together with a padlock before I had that between my lips in a river.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
It's absolutely gorgeous and I'd love to have one. Whether or not I'd risk it on the river is another question.
A couple/few years ago I actually emailed him to ask about it and pricing. The pipe is $1,500 and the tamper is $250. Outside of my current budget, but maybe I'll save my pennies, it's damn nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.