Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryskid47

Lurker
Feb 20, 2020
Washington DC
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I had recently gotten some older Peterson pipes on the cheap. When they arrived, I saw exactly why. I am new to cleaning/restoring pipes, and I needed ones like these to practice on.

The interior of the bowls on a couple look as if the previous owner reamed them with a Bowie knife. To called the existing shape a circle would be stretch, even in Picasso's world.

Question is what are my options? I don't think it hinders the performance of the pipe, but is it possible to have it sanded or whatever back to a nice circle shape?

Last edited by a moderator:

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
really need pics.
you can probably fix some egging but maybe not all.
it's easier to fix it by chamfering the rim inwards and leaving an evenly flat "rim" on top.

Reactions: Jwebb90 and seanv

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So-called reaming does more damage than anything else. Amateurs can kill any pipe with a real reamer, and anyone can do it with a knife. You can probably sand down the chambers so some will work for years. Others may tend to burn unevenly and char out the bowl. Everyone should know that if you can sacrifice building cake, and scoop and wipe out the bowl maintaining only a thin carbon layer, the chamber will never get smaller, and you'll never miss the cake. Just saying.

Reactions: jhowell

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
How to place a photo in a post:

If it's on your computer, you can drag it into the REPLY Box directly, or to the Image box (see below) after opening the dialogue box. If you are LINKING* to an image, click on the Link button and paste the URL into the box that opens. The symbol to LINK is the right hand symbol on the upper left of the box. (Looks like a tilted infinity sign.)

No need to resize, as the server will do that for you. Choose full size image, not thumbnail.

* Photos from many—even most—websites can be displayed by copying the image's URL, usually by Control-clicking onna Mac; or right-clicking on Windows, selecting the URL (often stated as "Copy Image Location" or similar words), then copy/paste that into the window.

screen-shot-mbp-jpm-2019-09-26-at-8-00-53-am-jpg.3255.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.