PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I think a man raising a family properly, and instilling actual values in his children is about as manly as it gets.
I'm guessing one would agree with that as long his values agree with yours. If they clash, I would think you wouldn't think him quite so manly. His definition of "properly" along with his "values" are as valid to him as yours are to you. Quite the puzzle eh? And that folks is why, we have disagreements, even wars. And of course, this is why this entire discourse is fun but, wasted time ... possibly time well wasted though. Humor is good!

I suggest watching "The Ugly American" when time permits. It is Hollywood but, there are some valid bits I believe.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I'm guessing one would agree with that as long his values agree with yours. If they clash, I would think you wouldn't think him quite so manly. His definition of "properly" along with his "values" are as valid to him as yours are to you. Quite the puzzle eh?

I understand your point, but it’s not that much of a puzzle, in my opinion. Integrity only has so many “definitions,” and it’s easy to spot when one sees it. Even in others that have different viewpoints, religions, etc. Philosophers think it fun to muddy the waters, pulling together hypothetical scenarios from extreme ends of the spectrum, but it’s an innate ability, not a scholarly deduction, to know when someone’s a decent man. Again, just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.