SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Apr 25, 2020
I bought my first pipe in Italy back in 1982. However I started to get serious about pipe smoking in 1991 in Wales. In good old Swansea. Regular visits to the tobacconists. The first Peterson's. Some aromatic blends with apricot some scottish flakes and all those english blends not for beginners by the way. And then the glorious days in Bristol with regular visits and mail order to Trantet of Bath. Comfort of Bath!!! And plenty of advice for some heavier flakes. And then back to Greece ordering tobacco from Synjeco (all those SG unscented flakes) and from US (Peter Stokebye mainly). And then a decade of cigarette smoking (easy and quick solution). And now back in pipe smoking with the intention to stay. A way to achieve that is heavy ordering. I discovered those Dan Tobaccos now and some magnificent German blends I had no idea about. So welcomed Veermaster flake and Dan Tobacco No Name 3. You see I cannot order any more from US because these guys in the customs started to work and kept the tobacco (I am sure they smoked it).
No need to buy more pipes. Just tobacco. I strongly suggest this Dan Tobacco No Name 3. Is Virginia perfect for all day smoke and I plan to blend it with Patriot flake.
Another one I liked is called Brammers. Is Virginia and Latakia not very aromatic. I could mix that as well with the No Name No 3. I will let you know about the results.

Mar 29, 2016
If you like Virginia flake tobacco, try Skipper's Flake from Dan Tobacco. For a strong unflavored Latakia mixture Old Ironsides from the same.