PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
just got a meerscham in a auction brand new beautiful pipe at a thidr of the cost the problem iv have is when i unscrew the stem its stuck in the bowl half and not the stem i a bit scared of forcing it any ideas how i will do this i hear that these pipes can crack easy

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Are you talking about the tenon? It sounds like the tenon is stuck in the mortise and you are unscrewing the tenon from the stem, rather than pulling the mortise and tenon apart. I would like to see a couple of pics before I give too much advice, though. I had the reverse problem with an estate meer once. My mortise had been glued to the tenon. I treated it with alcohol and got it free but I had to get a new mortise.

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
yes you are correct it is stuck looking at the pipe closely there is slight marks on the screw so i think someone tried but decided to leave it.I love the alcahol idea can i use rum on this or is it special alcahol i use ill try get photos up

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
i have managed to remove the stem to the correct location the alcahol worked brillian and fast :)

Status
Not open for further replies.