PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I am a huge fan of meerschaum pipes and have six or seven. Some are expensive and some not so. My biggest frustration is the stem. I’ve sent a couple of my meers to a pipe repair man and they came back with fairly nice, solid, still thin, acrylic, black stems. This is what I want. But this process takes a long time and is not easy on the wallet. What I’m trying to do now is find an accessible way to re-stem all of my meerschaums with good, solid, black, acrylic stems that aren’t cheap in quality But don’t take as much effort to acquire. Apart from sending every single Meer pipe to be given its own black acrylic stem, is there any other way? Ps. I’ve been through all the familiar pipe repair folks for this. The results, finding dependable black acrylic stems for my meers at a reasonable price and time commitment, has been hit or miss at best.
Has anyone found a good solution for this? Thanks!

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Scroll down.

Thanks. Yeah, I have a few of these stems. They are short (there's only one length) and thick, and if you want a straight one you have to heat it etc. I readily admit these are picky requirements. Do you know of any other sites that offer this, besides Meerschaum Market? I've looked around but haven't found any. I would eagerly buy others just to see if I can find something better!

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
That's a tough one. Seems like blind luck to get the perfect fit. You'll probably have the best luck with the push/pull tenons that Meerschaum Market has for some of their IMP pipes.

If you find a workable solution, post it. I've passively looked for something similar, but just use what they come with.

That being said, I once broke a stem on an I Baglan that I have and Meerschaum Market sent me a replacement for free. Pretty good service.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I’ve got four black stems on the way from Meer Market... they’re only 3.5cm long! Ah!

Two years ago Briarville did a repair for me and the stem they sent back was fantastic. I’m thinking about sending that stem to them and asking them if they’ll recreate it (times 7)!

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’ve got four black stems on the way from Meer Market... they’re only 3.5cm long! Ah!

Two years ago Briarville did a repair for me and the stem they sent back was fantastic. I’m thinking about sending that stem to them and asking them if they’ll recreate it (times 7)!
I'm debating an amber stem for my Kenan skull.

• Love
Reactions: weezell and BROBS
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
This stem issue is one of the main factor why I'm staying away from meers,at least for now ,there are very few classic,no carved models with push in tenons available,and if they are ,unfortunately many are designed to take those damned 9mm filters

• Haha
Reactions: weezell
Status
Not open for further replies.