Meerschaum smokers, I need opinions.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Chacom Pipes
36 Fresh Brigham Pipes
18 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I have 2 Paykoc pipes. I like them and smoke them, but there are 3 caveats there. One, is the drilling is off center on one of the pipes. It still smokes but will gurgle more often than one with more accurate drilling. Two, the draft holes on both pipes are quite narrow. Still workable, but I have to pack lighter and if a tobacco crumb goes up the draft hole, I have to run a cleaner through. Three, The mortise/tenon are the white plastic kind ans you have to be careful, especially with the big pipe not to damage them when taking the stem and shank apart. The straight pipe will pass a cleaner but the bent pipe won't.
They are currently at Walker Briar Works for his draft hole fix, which should eliminate the second issue.
That said, There are things I like. Both smoke cool and dry. The bent one is good for clenching and both appear to be made of quality block. Since I got one for $10 and one for free, I am really out only the work Walker charges, which after shipping is about $40.
A Storient only costs a bit more than a new Paykoc (if you talk to Yavuz, he will find a way to meet your price point) and with each one is included some good things. 1. The draft hole will be drilled straight. 2. The tenon will be a big briar type, so more durable. 3. My bent Storient passes a cleaner no problem. (If there is an extreme bend or removable nodes/extensions, you may not be able to do the "cleaner test" but within reason his pipes will pass). 4. It is guaranteed to be Sarisu block which is the best.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I'm still waiting to receive my Storient PM2012 but can attest that his customer service is excellent...

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
I have an IMP. Very open draw. Has the push tenon. Not the screw kind. I would reccomend Imp. storient swirl stem looks really nice too!!

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I didn't get a pm2012, because once I had a crappie used meer & did'nt like it, sold it on ebay (but it was cool looking).

So I din't want to put a lot of $$ into another one so I bought a http://meerschaumpipe.us/uploads/3/0/9/5/3095843/4385458_orig.jpg
to try out first.

imrandy

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
Not to be dense has anyone bought one of the irmismarble pipes and what do you think of them i think they are marked A.Goven on stem?

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I had an IMP meer that I got from Smoking Pipes that was an excellent pipe. They have a push tenon, no screw-ins which I would avoid like the plague and my drilling was perfect. It passed a cleaner easily even though it was a bent. Unfortunately I had to sell it along with most of my collection to pay my wife's medical bills. I'll have another someday.

Smokey

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have 2 of Storients pipes and they are WONDERFUL.Third should be here any day and ordering a LVC for myself for the holidays.Yavuz is a good guy to do buisness with...

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
I love my meers, However I do tend to get obsessed with their patina development from time to time...

Status
Not open for further replies.