PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2021
We are glad to have you. There are so many factors that go into this hobby and the history of the pipes and the blends is a big part. Your input will be appreciated and valued.
HELPFUL MONEY SAVING HINT:.....all college towns have thrift shops that have estate pipes from retired professors who smoked pipes back in the 60's and 70's.....they have passed and their stinky old pipes are now at goodwill and salvation army etc....treasures for pennies.

May 5, 2021
Welcome from central North Carolina.
found heaven as a cigar smoker in statesville..........JR tobacco.......in march of 97........and a good mexican food joint near the theater in the mall.....i cant believe the prices now for macbarens and iwan ries pipe tobacco......i had to quit 12 years ago.....but i still seek a great big bacchus meer and a giant charatan plateau.......

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the Calabash shape in briar for being more compact and handy. Just me.

JimT

Lurker
Sep 29, 2020
Yes, I've ordered 3 from them. One broke within 4 months an I ordered a 4th. The basis of my question is that, aside from size, they're all identical. That suggests a molded product to me. I've had no success finding another source.
Another pipe with a meerschaum insert has a crack in the bottom of the chamber . Can that be glued?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Another pipe with a meerschaum insert has a crack in the bottom of the chamber . Can that be glued?
If it hasn't crumbled, I would pack that crack with pipe mud, a paste made of water and ash, allow it to dry and smoke as normal

Status
Not open for further replies.