PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have often wondered how a Meerschaum would color. There are quite a few many questions on coloring as well. While I understand there cannot be true objectivity in this, as there are multitude of factors. I have however tried to bring in some objectivity.

Here is the set up.

1. Lighting is natural from a North East window and from the left
2. Background is a white paper
3. Calibration of progressive coloring from a Meerschaum Tamper, which is mostly virgin. I have used a few times, and kept it mostly locked up. However it is not 100% virgin
4. No editing except cropping
5. I have taken exposure and color balance reading from the Virgin Meerschaum tamper. Still too lazy to bring the DSLR
6. Used rear camera of an iPhone 8
7. Dr Watson has been smoked an estimated 70-80 times. Dedicated to Lat
8. Sherlock Holmes have been smoked about 50 times. It is also the heaviest pipe. Dedicated to Va / VaPer / VaOr / VaBur. Never smoked Latakia or Aromatics
9. Lattice Volcano has been smoked about 100 times. It is also the lightest pipe. Mixed use but mostly Latakia
10. Bulldog has been smoked 80-90 times. Mixed use but mostly Latakia
11. Falcon bowl has been smoked 30-40 times. It is mixed use, and mostly goopy bitey aromatics

The no of bowls is best guesstimate. I will update this, if I can come up with a better guesstimate

974C8783-E4C8-4930-92C0-99E8AAC2F8B6.jpeg

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
My meerschaum has 50 bowls on it and is starting to color nicely as well. Thanks for the pics. The joy of the meerschaum coloring and it being something i can pass down to my son is what sold me on them.20200526_205221.jpg20200526_205249.jpg20200526_205301.jpg

Reactions: cshubhra and Casual

Status
Not open for further replies.