PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen! I received my Meerschaum Coloring bowl in the mail yesterday and was wondering if there is any special care that needs to be taken in consideration as far as the cork is concerned. I’ve had my Meer for about 2 years, it’s coloring nicely but has a small draft hole in the bottom of the chamber. Strange! I know. Tobacco stops up the draft hole and gurgling is a constant issue. I smoked three bowls yesterday and found that the Coloring Bowl makes for a drier smoke and no clogs. I’ve had to use metal screens in the bottom of the pipe to stop the clogging, which works but gurgling was persistent. As to whether the coloring bowl helps color the pipe faster, that’s up to life experience. I’ll let you guys know in the future what I think. Thanks in advance.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I've been coloring an inexpensive SMS meer with two prototype wood coloring bowls I've been field testing for my buddy JohnR since I got the pipe at the WCPS last fall. It was a slow start but the pipe has really started to color especially since I waxed it when I was back home for the holidays. ?

Reactions: danimalia

jhowell

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 25, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen! I received my Meerschaum Coloring bowl in the mail yesterday and was wondering if there is any special care that needs to be taken in consideration as far as the cork is concerned. I’ve had my Meer for about 2 years, it’s coloring nicely but has a small draft hole in the bottom of the chamber. Strange! I know. Tobacco stops up the draft hole and gurgling is a constant issue. I smoked three bowls yesterday and found that the Coloring Bowl makes for a drier smoke and no clogs. I’ve had to use metal screens in the bottom of the pipe to stop the clogging, which works but gurgling was persistent. As to whether the coloring bowl helps color the pipe faster, that’s up to life experience. I’ll let you guys know in the future what I think. Thanks in advance.
For cork in descending order: Cork grease from a music store, Lanolin, Vaseline...

Reactions: philobeddoe
Status
Not open for further replies.