PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Thanks! I have 1 IMP that I love, and now that I’m looking again, I must have gotten an amazing deal from a sale at SP a few years back. I want to say it was 1/3-1/2 of what new ones are going for now. Wow.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks! I have 1 IMP that I love, and now that I’m looking again, I must have gotten an amazing deal from a sale at SP a few years back. I want to say it was 1/3-1/2 of what new ones are going for now. Wow.
It was in 2015 when IMP temporarily went out of business and their lead carver formed WGN Meerschaum. Most of the one's at SPC during that sale were $135.

Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
It was in 2015 when IMP temporarily went out of business and their lead carver formed WGN Meerschaum. Most of the one's at SPC during that sale were $135.

Thanks. You’re right! I looked it up and mine was $120. ?

Reactions: Chasing Embers

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
They were literally getting in hundreds of pipes per day for two weeks when that happened. A friend of mine got a churchwarden with a silver band for $120 as well.?
Now double that barely gets you in. Mine is a canted cherry wood with silver. Love it.

IMP has a 4 mm drill. Several others I've looked at are 3. IMP draws nice.

Thanks Mark. Do you know off hand what Jack Howell drills his pipes to? My Acorn of his is super open and I love the draw.