PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Has anyone tried either of the new(ish) mclelland stave aged blends? The descriptions look wonderful but I always like to get input from this community before diving into a new baccy.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I'm hoping for a more bourbon and less "campfire smoke" which is why I've hesitated to try either the 35 ribbon or the new Frog.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
iam looking forward to trying this tobac. i like tobac with bourbon flavoring.... iam not crazy about aromatics, but this sounds like a winner to me. i do not think this is going tobe an aromatic, but pure pleasure to the guys looking for pure tobac with a hint of whiskey. cant wait.
mike.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
just purchased 50g tin of staved-aged virginia 35 ribbon. the odor from the tin is somewhat sweet, you smell bourbon and i guess some wood. i have only had 2 bowls so far. the tobac is moist but smoked well right out of the tin,i need to smoke more of this tobac tobe fair. it smoke all the down to the heel. i like the idea of using charred white oak borboun barrel for the added falvoring. i do not think you would call this and aromatic either. i will try to review this after i have smoked the intire contents of the 50g tin. i did enjoy the first 2 bowls.
take care.

mike.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have not tried and probably will not due to the red va base. A friend of mine really liked it though. This was surprising because he normally enjoys stuff like 1792 as his regular smoke. For what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.