PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Been looking to pick up some of their blends, which always seem to be out of stock here in the USA.

Noticed Iwan Ries got a resupply so I snagged some of their Scottish Flake & Cake.
Haven't had their stuff before but excited to try it out.

I've had a few of their blends. I really wasn't impressed with their virginias, but their Oriental blend is pretty good. Their Pure Caribe, I tried early in my piping, and it didn't agree with me. Glen Piper is one that I've wanted to try. I've heard good things about it, but... I just never pull the trigger on it.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Thanks for posting this! I've been wanting to try Scottish Cake for a long time, but it is seems like one of those unicorn blends that is always sold out. Thanks again!

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I've never been able to discover the difference between the flake and cake. I have a tine of each, but haven't wanted to open them yet. Let us know how they compare!

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
I've had the Mature Virginia with the anise topping its ok and Latakia Flake isn't bad either its quite salty. The flakes are the same as all the other planta produced flakes you can tell them right away, if you've ever had the fribourg and treyer flakes they are like that. just ok

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
They're made by Kohlhase & Kopp, not Planta. I don't think they're the same company.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Motzek has most of their blends in stock (plus many not available in the US). Keep in mind that listed price is in Euros and include the 19% VAT Amerkans don't have to pay. You can use this opportunity to also buy some of their own fabulous blends (Hausmarke) as well as a few Germain's blends in stock.
http://dein-tabak.de/index.php?cat=c13_McConnell-McConnell.html&XTCsid=r7rk0ud3jeucr5ccl13b0cl4l1&listing_sort=&listing_count=96

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Keep in mind that listed price is in Euros and include the 19% VAT Amerkans don't have to pay.
So how does it work, they deduct it at checkout or?

Status
Not open for further replies.