PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deimitori

Might Stick Around
Oct 14, 2010
I got this nice tobacco as a gift by my good friend Argyris ("Erinmore") from "pipeclub.gr - Hellenic Pipe Smokers Forum" who he gave me a tin of 100 grams and whom I warmly thank him a lot!
Broken flakes consisting of mature red virginia tobacco and stoved virginia tobacco and autoclaved by adding maduro leaf tobacco . By opening the tin I feel intense and pleasant a sense of vinegar. The well known ketchup taste of McClelland is present in a less tense in this blend.
This is a unique tobacco blend. In my opinion the "secret" is to be smoked with very a calm and slow manner and giving attention to realizing the "rounded" taste and complexity of flavors that can give us. So, sweet and pleasant notes of virginia tobaccos with a touch of sweet nuts, brown sugar and old paper and wood and earthy aroma but delicate also. It's quite creamy and full while the maduro leaves impart a slight peppery taste makes it actually look like containing perique tobacco. Not at all reminded me of the feeling of smoking a cigar. The partnership of virginia and maduro in this blend gives a tasty result, the basis is of the aftertaste of virginia tobacco with maduro adding a pleasant peppery taste that completes the mixture but without duplicating the overall flavor of the blend.
Maintains long after the opening of the tin a very good level of humidity. Lights easily and also burns and smokes just as easily. Moderate nicotine strength, it causes no tongue bite unless it is smoked very fast and nervously. It delivers excellent both in briar and in corn cob. Can be smoked throughout all day long. Does not wet the bowl of the pipe and leaves little messy in the filter of pipe. The room note when smoking it is pleasing.
Worth to aging this blend, I believe the aging will yield the greatest in this pipe tobacco.
It is one of the pipe tobaccos that actually deserves to be enjoyed by smoking it in a very calm way, and as about me, when I am smoking this tobacco, it relaxes me a lot.
In conclusion, Dominican Glory Maduro is a very good and enjoyable pipe tobacco!
3,5 stars out of 4.
2mo5tvt.jpg

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
Thanks for the review! Just got a tin of this in the mail and looking forward to trying it. That broken flake in the picture looks great.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome to Forums, and thank you for this review. I've been intrigued by this blend for some time, and

I was interested to hear about it. Although I am presently exploring burley blends, including C&D Billy

Budd with cigar leaf tobacco, I'd like to try the Virginia with cigar leaf. As long as a person isn't after a

cigar experience, these tobaccos can add nicely to a blend. One plaudit I can contribute right off the top:

the design of the tin is absolutely one of my favorites, the orange and gilt with the breaching whale and

full moon has to be among the best in pipedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.