PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
I myself love a heavy Latikia blend tobacco, the more the better. Could someone tell me if this blend is for me.

Thanks

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
It's good, Love, and my local B&M sells a 3 oz. bag for fourteen bucks. I smoked a ton of it before I found this site. There are beefier Lat forward blends available and I'd suggest Larry' Blend or Ten to Midnight from Pipes and Cigars Hearth and Home series. You can buy an 8 oz. tin of either for 17.41 plus shipping.
Fnord

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I am just getting into the latakia blends lately and I really enjoy Coyote Classic. In fact I have a pound that should be in the mailbox today.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Cornell & Diehl "Star of the East" is a latakia forward blend.
I do enjoy it from time to time smoked in my Rossi Messina Author.
~Zeke

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Never tried it, but since it's from McClelland, I'm sure it's gotta be good. I'm just getting into Lats, and theirs are some of the best I've tried, so far I've had 3 of their Lat blends. All have been wonderful.

Aug 1, 2012
Not sure on this one but if you want an 80/20 lat/VA blend, drop me a PM and I'll give you the phone # of the blender who makes one.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
Thanks guys for all the great looking suggestions. Just a quick line to let all of you know that normally I do not utilize the site on the weekends. It's only because I like to dedicate this time to my family 100%. On the week days I will be very active on the site always. I could not pass up the chance to pass along this info seeing that many of you guys were offering me great information on my favorite blend. I love Latikia and I love it blended with anything as long as its heavy,heavy Latikia. Remember about the weekend post and thanks so much for the info.

Captain ill pm you about your connection Monday. Thanks again and you all have a wonderful night, ill get back to my pipe and my wife and family. Take care

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
McClellan's "coyote classic full", is an excellent tobacco. I was truly amazed how it's smoked, how it tasted, how it burned, and no tongue bite. It's a little more money than the rest of the blends, and it runs out a lot, so it must be popular. I always try to keep the pound or so on hand.
Truly a good smoke.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
This was my first Latakia blend. I like it and actually bought a couple of ounces last night at my B&M. McClelland says it is "latakia heavy." It's relaxing for me to smoke, but I think I can only handle one or two bowls a day. Perhaps that's just because I am new to the latakia scene. I have also had their Dark English Full and Frog Morton Cellar. All of them are good, but I definitely enjoy this blend.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I have been looking at this one as a bulk blend to stock up on in my cellar. Might have to give it a try.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Since my last post in this thread I've tried it. I found it to be a solid medium English. The Latakia is very noticeable, but not what I would call heavy. I've since had many McClelland blends and I'd have to say, if you want a very Lat forward McC , then Blue Mountain is the one! As for their bulks, I prefer 5110 Dark English and Grade 1 Balkan over the Coyote.

Status
Not open for further replies.