PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Cool. I am new and wish I had $1000 to just spend in pipes. I already want like 10 that are $50 - $150 much less expenssive ones. Of course I am using cobs until I know the pipe is long term.
From what I've read that may not even make a dent in cornering the market on cleaners to last the next two Apocalypses! :)

Reactions: ofafeather

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I started going crazy pretty much as soon as I saw something I liked, then I reminded myself there is an extreme vast amount of pipes in the world.

So now when I see something I like, I wait, come back at a later date and give it a look again, that is after I’ve spent probably a week or month looking over the Web and Instagram to see what else is out there.

Now the downside can be, if those PAD Junkies are around, it might fly out the door in an hour, before when that happened, I was like bummed when I missed out on a pipe, now I say so what.

Just when you think you’ve seen the one, another one comes along. ;)

You want to see some wild looking blasts, check out Jose Rubio, and Andrea Gigliucci on Instagram. The grain on Rubio’s and Gigliucci’s pipes are really something, I really want one of their pipes.

I ran across Edwin Pipes on Instagram the other day, really wild looking pipes he makes.

Reactions: anotherbob

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
There are a lot of great pipes out there but Castello has a huge supply of high caliber, well-aged briar that is hard to duplicate. That fumed sea rock (aristocratica) is beautiful and should smoke like a champ.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I remember buying my first good pipe. I had been piping for about 12 yrs maybe at the time. It was a silver banded Peterson donegal rocky 606. It was around $100, and I felt buyers remorse after I bought it bc of the price. It smoked so much better than my dr grabow, I eventually let it go and never looked back.

If you do latch onto the pipe, spend a little extra and treat yourself to one good one a year. That’s what I do personally. I just lucked out getting Amazon cards as Christmas tips and got two this year. The difference in price between a decent pipe and a good pipe isn’t that much compared to the increase in performance. The same goes for a good pipe and a great pipe. The jump from greatness to excellence is still a bit wide looking for me though lol.
yeah my first expensive pipe (to me, I got one expensive one for 35 bucks but...) I felt weird with it and it was about 100 dollar peterson. Then after having it for a while I realized 100 is nothing for a pipe you'll get to smoke for the rest of your life.

Reactions: dunnyboy