PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I recommend the BSOSM match all day long. 759 match is tasty as well. Revelation match is a complex codger blend worth trying. I like 965 match (20) but it's not very much like the STG version at all. Very mild. Elizabethan match (Victoria) is also a good VaPer if you don't mind aging it up for a little while. Not sure if it counts as a "match" or tribute, but 515RC-1 is a fantastic tangy Red VA with a flavor that is obviously inspired by McClelland 5100. Those are my favorites from the line up.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just my opinion, but my experience with most bulk Sutliff VAs is that they really start to come to life after a few months in a jar. They seem muted to me straight out of the bag. Could just be a moisture thing.
Yeah, I do let it dry a while before smoking it.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
You also say Exotic Orange tastes like a strawberry air freshener.
Don't feel bad that @BROBS thinks one of your favorites tastes like a Strawberry Shortcake doll! He says two of my favorites, Mick McQuaid and Warrior Plug, taste like playdoh and bile, respectively... I'm thinking some kindergarten experience scarred him for life!?

Jan 27, 2020
Unless I’m confused and their is a a relation I’m not aware of I was referring to the Match bulk tobacco that Pipes and Cigars sells for around $2.30 and oz not Surliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.