PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
While perusing the SmokingPipes website yesterday I noticed that Sutliff Match 965 was no longer listed amongst their bulks. Today, researching the latest on Dunhill replacements (another interesting topic), I saw a link for “Match 20”. This took me to the SmokingPipes page where this is listed as Sutliff’s 965 match.
I am curious if this is a result of pending litigation (a cease and desist by some claimant) and/or possibly the precursor to

‘someone’ entering the U.S. market with “legitimate” 965.
For what it’s worth, I actually prefer the Sutliff Match 965 to the STG version. I find it similar to the old Murray’s version.
Fiirst Post...

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Sorry to post on my post...but, I noticed the Elizabethan Match is now “Victoria Match”, as well. It appears that something is afoot

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Pipes & Cigars and 4Noggins have not changed the blend names as of this moment.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
UGH! - This sounds like this is going to be a bit of mess keeping track of "Who's Who" for me. I love, Love, LOVE so many of the MATCH mixtures I get from P&C - I do not know what the source tabak is (e.g. Sutliff. STG, or, ?), as so many of my "entertainment tabaks" are the DUNHILL MATCH mixtures form P&C. - Sherm Natman

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
They've been changed on Cup o' Joes too, but not yet at P&C. Descriptions for the renamed blends still specifically call out their Dunhill counterparts. It would be particularly petty for Dunhill to come after them now, given that they've exited the business themselves.
Only time will tell if Rob Thomas decides to come after them for Match 20.
"I think I've already lost you

I think you're already gone"

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Could this be a sign that someone is bringing back Dunhill blends and/or purchased the rights/recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.