PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I had the good fortune of DeathMetal sending me a sample of about 3 bowls of Massacra (and Aiwass) a few months ago. Today, I've finished the last of it and felt inspired to write my first tobacco review ever.
First of all - this blend arrives ready to smoke right out of the bag. I loaded up my Morta with my first bowl and was hit with a pleasant surprise. This is a stout blend with bold flavors but not overwhelming like a heavy lat blend. The bowl changed throughout the smoke - initially pleasantly spicy at first light. I've never had a blend with cigar leaf so I'm not sure if it was this addition or the dark fired burly but I really enjoyed the spicy tingle I felt in my nostrils. It was almost like smoking perique at times but I don't believe that's in the blend. After the initial spiciness you can taste the sweetness underneath (must be the virginias). Throughout the smoke these flavors come and go - spiciness..sweetness.. spiciness again..both immensely satisfying. I went through the next two bowls in record time.
I'd say this is medium in the nicotine department and I like that about it. It's great for me to start the day and really perks me up and gets me going alongside my morning coffee.
After my last bowl I had some scraps of Massacra dust left and have found that I love sprinkling a little on top of my JackKnife plug to get that initial burst of spicy flavor from Massacra that I love so much.
This wasn't a half assed blend thrown together - Death has some real talent here. If you have a chance to try this I would 100% suggest that you do - I've heard he's more than happy to trade for some Royal Yacht and it's worth the trade. Thanks again Death. I feel honored to be given the chance to try your masterpiece.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I should also add that while I currently have a tendency to roll my eyes when people ALWAYS use the phrase "smokes down to a fine white ash with no dottle" - this one did exactly that. It was a clean burn with no more than 2 relights.

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
From all the reports, it seems that deathmetal certainly has a knack for these blends.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Thank you for the review. I am glad if these blends spread any job. Massacra is one of my daily smokes -- alongside Old Joe Krantz and Royal Yacht of course -- that was designed so I could enjoy it all day with minimal hassle and maximum flavor.
My appreciation to all who have tried these blends. The Metal Mixtures are fortunate to have such dedicated smokers, and I am grateful to this community for being so supportive of my small efforts.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
massacra, its like a cigar, strong bold, and smooth at the same time, I like to pair this with a strong scotch, on the rocks of course or my favorite right now zigenbock, this is a smoke to sip on, give it a chance and let the tastes float around you for a while, I love to smoke this at night when it cool out side, it is a wonderful smoke.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I tried Mascara, but could not keep it lit...
th

Status
Not open for further replies.